One of the simplest ways you can begin to detox your body is also one of the most rejuvenating and relaxing things you could do for yourself.
Epsom Salt baths draw out toxins that we take in every day from foods we eat and even in the air.
Epsom baths provide the body with magnesium and sulfur to support detoxification.
They help our body to start flushing these toxins, which increases energy, improves focus, reduces stress, and so many more benefits.
The best part is that making essential oil blends for your bath is easy and can transform your experience.
Did you know?
- Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, a mineral that has many uses
- Is wonderful for use when bathing because it detoxifies while you cleanse, pulling impurities from your body
- Is also great for moisturizing and softening skin
- Promotes relaxation because your body absorbs it through your skin, then it binds with serotonin (the happy hormone) in your brain
- Epsom salt mixed with bentonite clay is one of the most powerful detoxifiers – the bentonite clay draws out heavy metals from the body while the salt hauls out the toxins
Here is a recipe to get you started:
To do: Add 1 cup of Epsom salts, ½ cup baking soda, ½ cup sea salt, 1 teaspoon dried ginger and ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar (optional) to a warm bath. You can also add essential oils. Soak for 15-20 minutes.
Afterwards, rub body with coconut oil to hydrate skin!
Here’s another recipe to help take you away!!
Take Two ounces of Epsom salts and about 2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil –
Add to that Vetiver 2 drops and Lavender 3 drops – Mix it all together.
Fill the tub, add the salt and oil mixture – relax and enjoy! Be careful – the tub may be slick!
Essential Oils that I love in the bath:
Geranium– but only use a little bit because in the warmth of the bath it might get overwhelming.
Happy soaking – sleep well!!
Or you can purchase pre-made Epsom salts – now that is fancy!!